- March 8, 2018— KP Performance Antennas has introduced a new 34-inch-tall MIMO sector antenna operating in the popular 5 GHz band that features 8 inputs and HV-polarization.
KP’s new KP-5HVX8-65 sector antenna features dual-horizontal/vertical-polarization with a 65° azimuth beamwidth and eight ports, all within a single 34-inch radome. It delivers high gain over a ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— Cobham Wireless has delivered its Massive MIMO (Multiple-In-Multiple-Out) test solution to China Mobile Research Institute, to enable the operator to benefit from the capacity and performance gains of digital Massive MIMO technology.
The concept of digital Massive MIMO has been introduced in 4.5G technology, vastly improving network capacity and energy efficiency ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— On Wednesday, March 14 at 10:00 a.m. CST Duane MacEntee, Executive Director of NWSA, will be conducting a live NATE webinar entitled Becoming NWSA Certified.
This webinar session will educate attendees on NWSA’s transformative and nationwide certification programs available to the communications tower industry workforce and will guide participants through the steps ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— Huawei has engaged in another 5G field trial with NTT DOCOMO and TOBU Railway in Tokyo, which initiated by Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan (MIC).
The system trial was conducted as part of NTT DOCOMO’s contract of MIC’s 5G Field Trial with an aim to research technical conditions to ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— Verizon’s senior vice president, public sector, Mike Maiorana, again reaffirmed Verizon’s commitment to public safety and highlighted the company’s network superiority during his keynote address at the 2018 International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) yesterday in Orlando.
“Verizon has a decades-long history serving public safety and we plan to continue doing that ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— Viavi has launched NITRO Mobile, which captures, locates, and analyzes all mobile events across the RF, RAN, xHaul and core, providing operators with insight to optimize the customer experience and drive new revenue streams.
Operators are building ultra-dense, massively scalable, automated networks that are difficult to test and challenging to monitor. ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— Mimosa Networks has launched its MicroPoP architecture based onthe Mimosa B24 backhaul radio and the Mimosa N5-360 quad-sector antenna. Optimized for dense urban and suburban deployments, the expanded MicroPoP coverage will improve service providers’ return on investment by fueling new business opportunities and cutting costs.
Mimosa’s enhanced MicroPoP architecture enables service ... Continue »
- March 8, 2018— The First Responder Network Authority has given AT&T the go-ahead to build out FirstNet, the nationwide public safety broadband network. This includes deploying public safety’s dedicated spectrum – Band 14 – across statewide radio access networks in states and territories across the country.
In the next five years, AT&T will be ... Continue »