- May 11, 2021— MasTec, an infrastructure construction company whose primary activities include the engineering, building, installation, maintenance and upgrade of communications, energy, utility and other infrastructure, has reported it achieved record first-quarter 2021 financial results. The company increased its guidance for the remainder of 2021. Led by CEO Jose Mas, MasTec is known ... Continue »
- May 11, 2021— Red Technologies has been conditionally approved by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (WTB) and Office of Engineering & Technology (OET) of the FCC as Spectrum Access System (SAS) administrator in the 3550-3700 MHz band (3.5 GHz band) in the United States.
This conditional approval gives Red the opportunity to be certified as ... Continue »
- May 11, 2021—
By The Editors of AGLThe potential windfall of government funding for high-speed 5G wireless communications broadband deployment represents multiple opportunities for rural wireless operators, according to a new report from CoBank’s Knowledge Exchange. The report examines the current state of 5G, when rural America can expect true high-speed 5G, and what opportunities exist for ... Continue »
- May 11, 2021— Anterix has taken a step toward facilitating and accelerating the delivery, deployment and application of transformative private broadband for the U.S. electric grid. Anterix has been joined by 37 technology companies to launch the Anterix Active Ecosystem Program. This launch, combined with the 11 FCC-granted experimental licenses at 900 MHz ... Continue »
- May 11, 2021— ExteNet Systems, a private owner and operator of converged communications infrastructure delivering advanced mobility and fiber connectivity, has closed its previously announced strategic investment by Manulife Investment Management. Manulife Investment Management’s commitment was sourced for the John Hancock Life Insurance Company (U.S.A.) balance sheet as well as third-party managed accounts. ... Continue »
- May 10, 2021— Peppertree Capital Management has hired Arnoud Krijt as a managing director to focus on investments in, and the acquisition of, fiber networks. Prior to joining Peppertree, Krijt was senior vice President of corporate development at Uniti Group, where he led Uniti’s fiber acquisition efforts.
Howard Mandel, co-president of Peppertree Capital, said ... Continue »
- May 9, 2021—
By Markus LutzThe nature of 5G wireless communications infrastructure means that mobile network operators place cell sites closer together than has been common with 4G wireless communications. These denser network configurations often position radios on poles, exposing them to environmental stressors that may affect performance. The networks synchronize each radio with other ... Continue »
- May 9, 2021— Crestone Services Group, a Denver based communications and utility services company, has acquired Specialized Communication Services (SCS), a Utah and Nevada telecom infrastructure service provider. Founded in 2004, SCS provides design, engineering, construction and maintenance services to wireless carriers, phone and internet service providers, and to state departments of transportation. ... Continue »