- September 28, 2020— As the National Sponsor of the Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP), the Wireless Infrastructure Association (WIA) has been award multimillion contract to perform as the 5G Industry Intermediary to develop the wireless workforce by the U.S. Department of Labor (DoL).
“WIA is grateful for DoL’s focus on 5G as a ... Continue »
- September 28, 2020— The digital divide must be addressed not only rural areas but also inner-city areas, as well, FCC Commissioner Geoffrey Starks told the Black is Tech Virtual Conference, last week. Access to the internet is part of the solution to issues of economic security and racial justice, he said.
Internet access in ... Continue »
- September 28, 2020— AT&T will provide 5G and networking-as-a-service capabilities to support more than 24,000 military personnel on U.S. Air Force bases Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado; Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska; and Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. AT&T officials said they hope to extend the services across the entirety of the Air Force ... Continue »
- September 28, 2020— Nokia’s cloud-native, standalone core software was recently chosen for Dish’s fully automated, cloud-native 5G network. The deal followed months of joint testing as Nokia and Dish proved their respective any-cloud capabilities in multiple cloud environments, along with Nokia’s ability to integrate and deliver a cloud-native, containerized, end-to-end solution. Nokia will ... Continue »
- September 28, 2020— Maine’s first responders are getting a major boost in their wireless communications with the addition of new, purpose-built FirstNet cell sites – located in Aroostook, Penobscot, Oxford, Somerset, Hancock, Kennebec and Knox counties. This new infrastructure is a part of the FirstNet network expansion taking place across the state, bringing increased coverage, capacity and capabilities ... Continue »
- September 24, 2020— Sitetracker Artificial Intelligence (AI) is now available to all Sitetracker customers, fuelling data-driven decision making and growing revenue.
“Sitetracker AI allows us to use our historical project data to accurately plan for the future,” said Kim Martin, vice president at Tower Engineering Professionals. “Sitetracker’s ability to innovate and solve problems for ... Continue »
- September 24, 2020— The city of McAllen, Texas is deploying a General Access CBRS wireless network giving the entire community — including more than 23,000 K-12 students — access to the internet. It will use technology from Federated Wireless and Cambium Networks.
The city faced challenges providing cable TV, broadband and Wi-Fit to its ... Continue »
- September 24, 2020— ASK Tower Supply launched its new website this week to increase its online customer care. At a time when many are working and shopping from home, it made sense to ASK Owner, Kyle Barr, to craft a new website designed specifically for customers’ ease of finding new items, getting the ... Continue »