- December 12, 2017— Wells Fargo Securities reports that it has received several queries about how the proposed tax plan will impact the wireless industry. To begin with, carriers such as AT&T and Verizon would see effective tax rates decrease from 35 percent to 20 percent, as well as favorable tax deduction changes.
“Many in ... Continue »
- December 12, 2017— CommScope has resolved a dispute with Advanced Lightning Technology relating to CommScope’s stackable hanger patents that are used in CommScope’s SnapStak cable hangers.
CommScope had alleged that Advanced Lightning Technology was selling stackable hangers that infringe CommScope’s patents, specifically U.S. Patent numbers 6,354,543 and 6,899,305. As part of the resolution, Advanced ... Continue »
- December 12, 2017— The National Association of Tower Erectors has released the results of the 2018 Board of Directors election. The Association announced that candidates Kevin Dougherty, president of MILLENNIA CONTRACTING, INC. in New Castle, Delaware; John Paul Jones, president of Tower & Turbine Technologies in Austin, Texas; Bryan Lee, president of Lee Antenna ... Continue »
- December 12, 2017— Sprint is using a small cell solution from SpiderCloud as part of its strategy to better address the coverage needs of enterprises and public venues, joining small cells with existing Wi-Fi infrastructure.
“This innovative LTE small cell literally clips onto existing Cisco Wi-Fi infrastructure and can be deployed in less than ... Continue »
- December 12, 2017— Huawei Technologies has demonstrated downlink 1.2 Gbps stable IP data throughput using using a combination of carrier aggregation, 4×4 MIMO and 256 QAM modulation scheme. Huawei used its latest LTE-A smartphone technology.
The demonstration used Anritsu’s RTD/MD8430A LTE-A Pro solution, which enables three, four and five carrier aggregation in combination with 2×2, 4×2, ... Continue »
By J. Sharpe Smith December 12, 2017— After conducting fixed-wireless 5G trials using mmWave spectrum during the last year, Verizon plans to deploy Ericsson’s pre-standard 5G commercial radio network and 5G Core network in select markets in the second half of 2018. Verizon and Ericsson said they want to take a leadership role in the commercialization of ... Continue »
By J. Sharpe Smith December 12, 2017— Last week was not a banner week for the First Responder Network Authority. New Hampshire became the first state to opt out of AT&T’s FirstNet plan late last week, deciding instead to go with Rivada Networks. And Verizon quit the California RFP for the FirstNet RAN alleging it was unfair.
New ... Continue »
- December 7, 2017— T-Mobile and Ericsson are the first in the world to demonstrate speeds exceeding 1 Gbps using 12-layer licensed assisted access (LAA) technology in a demonstration performed in T-Mobile’s lab using Ericsson Radio System together with TM500 test gear from Cobham Wireless.
Using LAA, the unlicensed carriers on these radios were aggregated ... Continue »